As JACOBB is a member of QuebecInnove, various types of financial assistance can be applied to applied research projects and can also be matched to maximize your chances of success:
- Quebec Industrial Research Sector Groups (RSRI) The mission of industrial research sector groups (RSRI) is to set up and support an ecosystem of collaborative innovation conducive to the development of strategic sectors of the economy for the benefit of research, businesses and Quebec society.
- MEI Innovation Program
The objective of the program is to support businesses, primarily SMEs, in carrying out their innovation projects as well as in marketing their innovations, whether the projects are carried out in Quebec or with partners located abroad.
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) offers the following funding opportunities:
- Acceleration Program (Mitacs)
Students can use their talent with a paid internship with a company that needs their expertise.
- Elevation Program (Mitacs)
Mitacs Elevate is a postdoctoral fellowship with a customized research management training component.
- NRC Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP)
This program was established to accelerate the growth of small and medium-sized businesses through the provision of a full range of innovation and financing services.
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
The Canada Foundation for Innovation invests in state-of-the-art equipment and facilities for Canadian research institutions.
We have the experience and the capacity to help you speed up the process leading to well-structured projects with granting agencies.
In all cases, our applied research projects are excellent candidates for linking to R&D tax credits such as:
- the R&D tax credit for salaries and wages
- the tax credit for university research or research carried out by a public research center or by a research consortium
- the tax credit for pre-competitive research in private partnership
Other useful resources: