JACOBB is the new Quebec Innovation Centre for applied artificial intelligence helping businesses and organizations.
Reporting to Director of Operations, the incumbent will play an important role in the Human Resources and administrative functions of the Centre. She/he will be responsible for all HR administrative activities and she/he will also provide administrative support in material resources management. The incumbent will also contribute to the creation of a stimulating and healthy workplace environment for all staff and interns.
JACOBB presently has 20 dedicated team members and the team will grow as the Center develops its activities.
The incumbent will ensure the implementation of structured processes and tools for optimal HR operations and material resources management as well as continuous improvements at many levels:
Human Resources (60% of workload)
- Coordinate and provide support for staffing processes (postings on appropriate platforms, pre-selection analysis, screening with candidates, scheduling interviews, administering tests, follow-up of contracts and related documentation)
- Lead and coordinate new hires’ and interns’ onboarding and integration
- Advise staff and management on JACOBB’s HR Policy and procedures and ensure its implementation with appropriate follow-up
- Build and update employee and intern files. Track wage progression within pay scales and advise payroll
- Provide support and follow-up for staff annual evaluations as well as continuous improvements in the process
- Track and update CNESST files, follow medico-administrative files and related absenteeism
- Develop and adapt work processes and to improve communications in all HR processes
- Track and provide follow-up for training programs as well as employee, intern and management individualized professional development
- Ensure group insurance coverage for staff by providing appropriate documentation and follow-up
- Lead the implementation of a pension plan, advise staff and provide appropriate documentation and follow-up
- Attend career fairs and ensure jobs are promoted on appropriate social network platforms
- Promote and communicate internal management policies and programs. Ensure that all HR practices respect regulations. Flag and report discrepancies and recommend appropriate measures.
Material Resources (40% of workload)
- Provide logistical support for material resources management, such as organizing and ensuring inventory control for material and controlling recovery operations, archiving files, assets and office space management
- Ensure purchases in compliance with procurement guidelines and regulations of the “Loi sur les contrats des organismes publics”. Provide support in ensuring compliance with the regulations.
- Track and manage contracts, leases and insurance contracts
- Upon hiring staff and interns, ensure in collaboration with appropriate resources that necessary material and tools are provided for immediate use, on the first day of integration.
Profile for the right job fit
- Versatility, demonstrated initiative, planning and organizational skills, ability to set priorities
- Proactive preventive approach fostering team work as well as a healthy and stimulating workplace
- Team player and the ability to develop and maintain healthy and constructive relationships
- Professionalism, tact and discretion in protecting confidentiality
- Proven analytical skills, ability to interpret and process data, regulations, management tools, the HR Policy to find solutions and make the appropriate recommendations
- Sound judgement and ability to work in grey zones and ambiguity
- Demonstrated self-management and stress management
- Client oriented and attention to detail.
- University certificate or College diploma in Business administration, specialized in Human Resources
- 3 to 5 years experience in similar role in Human resources management
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in French and English, written and spoken
- Good knowledge of software tools and willing to learn new platforms.