Position to be filled
JACOBB is the new Quebec Innovation centre for applied artificial intelligence helping businesses and organizations.
Reporting to the Director General, the incumbent of this new position will play a key role in the growth and the management of the Centre. She/he will be responsible for all operations at JACOBB: human resources management, finance and project management, procurement processes, material and resources allocation, service offer supervision, technical reports, the preparation of grant applications for her/his sector and accountability to funding partners.
As a member of the management team, the incumbent will ensure that JACOBB’s operations are consistent with external regulations and internal policies. The ideal candidate will also play an important leadership role in creating a stimulating and healthy workplace for staff and interns.
Your team, presently consists of an experienced accounting and administrative resource as well as a project manager. It will grow as JACOBB evolves.
With your team, you will improve business processes and quality assurance through analysis and collaboration by providing tools and processes for support functions:
Human resources management
- Proactively identify and implement strategies and actions to support business objectives and improve performance through policies, programs and processes that also create a stimulating and healthy workplace environment.
- Lead selection processes for staff and interns, their onboarding as well as their training and development;
- Develop and implement processes and advise management for staff recruitment, performance appraisal, talent management and employee engagement.
- Ensure compensation, health and safety and benefits management.
- In collaboration with the management team, lead the implementation of the strategic plan, the action plans and annual reports.
- Develop and implement a dashboard and management tools (in project management mode) required by management and project teams.
- Ensure the development of information tools based on machine learning by JACOBB’s technical team with a network of strategic consultants to optimize operations management (Datalake, recommender systems, active/reinforcement learning, etc.).
Financial and performance management
- Optimize the project management information system to enable proactive and agile project practices.
- Implement and review financial information to implement a permanent cost reduction process and optimize performance.
- Prepare and manage the budget within the parameters determined by JACOBB’s Board of Directors. Lead accountability and reporting communications with Ministries and granting agencies.
Material allocation management
- Ensure compliance of service offers, contractual agreements and procurement with the Conseil du trésor du Québec directives and JACOBB’s policies.
- Supervise procurement processes and coordinate the acquisition of material such as I.T. and other material as required.
Team synergy and outreach
- Participate in networking activities such as conferences, industry workshops, research centres, in collaboration with JACOBB’s team
- Collaborate with the Development and Partnership Development team in the management of information, the web site, social networks and the implementation of the communication plan. The same applies to the development of new services and technical assistance for industry.
Profile for the right job fit
- Inspirational leadership in operations management
- Demonstrated initiative, planning and organizational skills and ability to set priorities
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, tact and good judgement
- Keen political acumen, diplomacy and superior interpersonal skills with internal and external partners
- Demonstrated skills in conflict prevention and management
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and annual audit processes.
- Ability to plan, lead and monitor many different kinds of operational activities
- Fluency in French and English, written and spoken
- Good knowledge of processes and tools such as Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, Bit Bucket etc.) and plugins for project management and operations experience for IT deliverables, an asset
- Knowledge of artificial intelligence and applied research, an asset.
- Degree in related field. Graduate degree, in an appropriate field, an asset
- 10 years experience in operations management and 5 years team management, preferably in an IT related field
- Travel: 0 to 20%
- Combined remote work and Mile-Ex office (100% remote temporarily due to COVID-19)
Candidates interested in joining JACOBB for an interesting professional challenge must apply by submitting their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than February 19th, 2021, at 4 p.m.